Devin Wagener has a passion for sharing educational content around a topic that’s important to his family’s heritage. He also understands the commercial potential of a podcast that speaks to a specific audience – especially one that craves more content.
In this episode of Podcasting Amplified, I sit down with Devin, the host of Yerba Power Podcast. Devin was able to create a podcast in an untapped podcast niche that was yet covered by any other English-speaking podcast.
He’s been able to leverage both his passion for creating educational content around his niche, as well as this gap in the market to start generating downloads in 45 countries and attract the attention of sponsors.
We cover in this episode –
- How Devin has balanced a passion for his niche, with fulfilling the needs of his audience to get off to a successful start with his podcast.
- Reaching out to sponsors and negotiating fair deals.
- Content creation strategies.
- The benefits and challenges of using YouTube as a podcaster.
- The two major tech faux pas that Devin had to deal with.
- Recording software and microphone options.
- The podcasts that have been most influential to Devin’s journey.
- And plenty more…
So listen carefully, there’s so much to take away here for any podcaster.