If your podcast is on YouTube, or you want to get started with YouTube, what you’re going to hear in this episode is absolute gold.
My guest today has been a YouTuber and a podcaster for over 10 years. Dusty Porter is closing in on 400k YouTube subscribers and hosts the most popular YouTube podcast around – YouTube Creators Hub.
Podcasting and YouTube are very different beasts. But many podcasters just slap their video recordings on YouTube and let it do its thing, hoping it’ll get results. There are nuances to growing on YouTube, though, and who better to learn them from than a creator so experienced in both?
We dive deep into the strategies that will help you grow your podcast on YouTube and the major pitfalls to avoid.
We cover in this episode –
- How Dusty grew his podcast to 10s of thousands of downloads per episode.
- How Dusty escaped from a period of “podfading” early in his journey.
- How to benefit from positive and negative feedback and how to collect it.
- The nuances of growing your podcast on YouTube vs. the podcast platforms.
- Insights into what’s coming soon to YouTube for podcasters.
- How to make your episodes on YouTube more appealing to browsers.
- Ways to diversify your income as a content creator.
- Guest onboarding strategies for a smooth interview process.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from a podcasting veteran and YouTube expert. Don’t forget to follow Podcasting Amplified for more podcasting insights.